It being the 18th January I thought I best inspire you with some new trends to look out for. I mean, I'm over the sales aren't you?
This time of year, I'm usually on the hunt for a garment that will lift my current wardrobe of clothes. Something I can wear now (when its freezing) and in April when we start getting our legs out (hopefully).
So I'm starting off with checks, of the black and white variety, gingham, table cloth vibe (as my husband says) - they are big for 2017 and I feel are brilliant for all ages and sizes to wear.
So here's the inspiration...from the catwalk..
Jasper Conran, Mother of Pearl, Simone Rocha, Carolina Herrera all for Spring Summer 2017.
Whats great about a black and white check is you can warm it up with your black polo neck or cashmere and top with your biker jacket, black tights (or thermals today!) and big boots. The monochrome keeps it easy, easy for now (its not red & white which we certainly won't be ready for until July). So here are my favourites that you can buy new season now!
How to wear it ? Here's blogger Camille Charriere looking effortlessy cool in her gingham recently at Berlin Fashion week wearing a Isa Arfen skirt.
So, where are we going to find ours? here are my favourites...
1. This ruffle asymmetric cotton ASOS is a great copy of Isa Arfen. Elastic waist is easy to wear on the waist of the hips. £32 (see me in mine below)
2. Why not try an oversize gingham shirt? I love this one from Mango. This is a really easy and modern look, playing with proportions so wearing it with cropped culottes. This look could work on all ages and sizes and a great versatile piece that you could wear for work or on holiday. £34
3. Topshop Boutique have designed this fabulous duster coat with tied sleeves. Pricer at £175 but already many sizes have sold out so the trend is becoming popular and you'll be seeing a lot of these on the streets at springtime.
4. AWAKE brand at Net a Porter have produced these beautifully tailored wide cropped flares. Higher price bracket but smart, tailored and would be an instant office update. £415
5. I love this shirt dress by Finery. I can see this working well over skinny jeans now and replacing your denim shirt dress this summer with sandals or trainers. Love the patchwork effect. £
So feeling inspired? Watch me walk the streets of Somerset with mine perhaps singing a few songs Carousel Musical too!