Trainers with everything. Thats what I say and its not just for the kids. Us hip oldies have licence to work the trend too - whether its with our jeans, our leather trousers or dresses. Life is too busy not to wear a trainer. Yes we did it in the 90's but thats ok, we can do it again. Can we still look stylish? YES.
1. Printed trainers ? Keep your clothes simple and wear an element of tailoring.
2. Colourful trainers? Match up colours so your outfit compliments so the overall look is colour-styled together.
3. If you are dressing down a dress - a plain (white, cream, black) trainer works best.
Examples? - see how this bloggers overall colour tone is the same as her trainers. A mix match of prints but effortless thrown together, so the trainers work. Amazing.
So its Sale sale sale time ! and all of these are from Net a Porter so not only do you get a bargain, you get gorgeous package sent to your door too! Buy NOW to avoid missing out.
These are my favourites and already selling fast!
1. Gorgeous mix of primary colours to wear now and into the Autumn.
2. Metallic trainers are becoming a staple - if you've not got a pair - these Reeboks will update your daytime look.
3. Gold & knit mix
Love these gold metallic Air Max with a gold thread knitted fabric - these would look fabulous with your leather trousers and big knits in October.
4. Classic Cream high tops are brilliant to dress down vintage dresses and print.
Here worn with a somewhat 'occasional skirt' dressed down with a biker and slogan t-shirt.
5. Polka Dots are huge for AW17 so why not invest in these cute converse to work the trend. Wear simply with black cropped tailored trousers. See inspiration below.
6. Classic black high tops with a twist - I love the red fur lining in these high tops. Fabulous for keeping cosy now (if camping!) or when the months get cooler.
7. Feminine colours - A suede coloured trainer in girly colours will look cute with creams, pale pinks or floral dresses. See these Adidas on sale now and pic to inspire you wear them with as skirt.
So, get your comfy foot on and go for it.
How do I know what to buy? Well first look at your wardrobe. What colours do you have most of? Do you want to go bold and bright to clash up with your bold dresses and knitwear. Or you may prefer metallics to update your classic wardrobe. Think about your style and how the trainers can fit in with the clothes you have.. Once you've done that...you are in the running (!) for your perfect pair!